Hemorrhoids are a condition where your veins are swollen. It can internal and external swollen. If it is internal, it means that the swollen veins are inside your rectum. If it is external, it means that the swollen veins are outside your rectum. In this article, you will find out hemorrhoid surgery recovery time and what you should do after recovery.
You will feel better after your hemorrhoids have removed. At first, you will feel that your anal area is aching and painful. It usually lasts for around 2 to 4 weeks and it is important to have pain medicine just in case you can’t stand with the pain. You don’t need to be worried if you see yellow fluid or light bleeding from your anus because it is common symptom after you have the surgery. This symptom usually will end 1 to 2 months after your surgery.
Hemorrhoid or piles surgery recovery time usually takes 1 to 2 weeks after surgery. But you should keep in mind that you cannot do heavy things or activities that require a lot of effort. It is important to avoid heavy straining and lifting with bowel movements while it is still your recovery time.
Things you should do during recovery time
This is the list of activities you can do during recovery time. Those are:
- Be active like walking
- Take a rest when you are tired
- Don’t move too fast since your body needs to heal
- Don’t lift something heavy until you are sure that your body feels better
- Have days off around 1 to 2 weeks from your work depends on how your body feels
This is the list of diet you can do during your recovery time. By following our advice, you can feel the significant change that makes your body stronger again.
On the list below, it is the stuff related to medication that you should be aware of especially after you have surgery.
- Always read and follow all instructions on the label before you take any medication
- Your doctor should give you instructions related to new medicines and when you can restart the consuming medicine
- If you take aspirin, clopidogrel, or warfarin as your blood thinner, make sure you have talked with your doctor about it
- In order to relieve pain, you may apply for numbing medicines after and before a bowel movement
- If your doctor gave you a certain medicine for relieving your pain, take it as prescribed
Hemorrhoid surgery recovery time needs around 1 to 2 months depends on how your body can survive from the surgery. By following your doctor’s advice and have mindful eating diet, you will be healthy again in no time and hemorrhoid will be out of the picture.